NetSupport DNA Helpdesk
DNA Helpdesk is a powerful yet user friendly module for the corporate helpdesk available on its own, combined with
DNA Pack 1 (Inventory) or as part of our overall DNA management suite. DNA Helpdesk is a fully web based solution
providing detailed recording and tracking of user Help Requests.
Available as a standalone application or as an integrated module of DNA, NetSupport Helpdesk is a powerful and wholly web based solution providing detailed recording and tracking of user Help Requests.
NetSupport Helpdesk offers the following functionality as standard:
- Automatic assignment of tickets to operators based on pre-defined customer rules based on either Problem Type or User Type.
- Automatic escalation of ticket status based on customer specific rules.
- Structured notes history for a ticket with source identifiers (telephone, email and more) for each additional entry within the ticket lifecycle.
- Direct integration with DNA Suite Inventory and departmental information.
- Custom Data Designer allowing for customised data fields.
- Active Directory integration.
- Streamlined creation of a solutions database to aid future help requests.
- Importing user departments and companies from other systems into the NetSupport Helpdesk.
- Help Request Logging with customisable categories for easy input.
- End users can raise help requests on-line and review current status in real time.
- Prioritised Help Requests for users and ticket types together with easy operator allocation.
- Profiled Operator access and customised functionality.
- Full Hardware and Software Inventory information for each user's system.
- Real Time Corporate Status reports - Total Calls in, Status of Calls, Average resolution time and more.
- Ongoing history by user for all previous support requests.
Attach Files To A Ticket
Store and associate Files with trouble tickets.
Set Administration permissions to allow Helpdesk Operators and/or Users to attach "Ticket Files" to
individual trouble tickets.
Store "Shared files" that can be linked to multiple trouble tickets. For example, Documents containing
common responses can be linked to multiple trouble tickets and made available to users to review.
Add Custom Data Fields
Use the intuitive design tool available to administrators to add custom data items to trouble ticket records.
Design the trouble ticket layout to accommodate custom data items and preview changes before saving. Select from a
range of data field types:
Text Box : Fixed size alpha / numeric values
Text Area : Free form text input
Combo Box : Select from a list of user defined values
Check Box : Tick / Un-tick the selected item
Set controls on when Custom fields are displayed and users that that have access to view / edit.
Automatic Priority Assignment For New Tickets
Default priority levels can be set based on Ticket "Type" for example, a trouble ticket type of "Server Failure"
could automatically be assigned an Urgent Priority.
Import Users / Microsoft Active Directory
User details can be imported from external systems. Import from a CSV format file or import from Microsoft Active
Directory. An import Wizard is provided enabling matching of user detail fields to import into the Helpdesk
Log time against trouble tickets
Record time spent when updating the ticket and view the total time usage in the main ticket record.
User Logon Options / NT Security Authentication
Allow end users to generate Helpdesk logon Accounts (system Default) or restrict the generation of end user
accounts to Administrators and Helpdesk Operators.
Reduce the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) by decreasing the number of vendors you are managing, improving help desk
support, enforcing configuration standards and effectively migrating to new technologies.
Track and manage licenses using the inventory and application metering functionality. Identify illegal and unused
software, providing the necessary knowledge to purchase the optimum number of licenses for your enterprise.
Ensure compliance with corporate configuration standards using the software metering capability to identify and
maintain standard desktop configurations and those that fall out of compliance even during server downtimes.
Plan and budget for migrations, ensuring that any desktop changes needed to support an upgrade are effected.
DNA allows you to procure the components in advance, plan the work and ensure the installation team is fully
prepared at the point of upgrade.
Effective Security Management for identification of missing computer assets such as CD-ROMs, memory, hard drives
and even entire computer systems.
Reduce the need for costly physical inventories by removing the need to visit each desktop.
Assisting with Disaster Recovery by transferring the IT information collected by DNA to your contingency plans,
identifying where critical users and revenue related PCs are located.
Virus prevention and remedial activities are essential for any enterprise. As DNA works independently of your
e-mail server, periodic updates can be distributed to your users even during a virus crisis.
System Requirements for NetSupport DNA and DNA Helpdesk
NetSupport DNA Server
Pentium III 500Mhz or higher, with 256Mb Ram.
Free Space required:
100 Mb+ (dependant on number of clients supported)
Windows NT, 2000, XP or 2003 Server.
Microsoft MSDE, SQL7 or SQL2000. TCP/IP network
Free Space required:
Windows 2000, XP and 2003 Server.
Internet Explorer 6 or higher. TCP/IP network
Free Space required:
Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and 2003 Server TCP/IP network
NetSupport DNA Helpdesk Server
Internet Explorer 6 or later
Internet Information server (part of windows OS)
NB: Access the Helpdesk from any machine, using a web browser (see above).
IE 5 or later
Netscape 6 or later
In order to view reports in the Netscape Browser you will need the Sun Java Virtual Machine
In order to view reports in the IE 6 and later on the XP or 2003 Operating systems you will need the Sun Java Virtual Machine.
The above content is Copyright © by NetSupport Limited